24 Aug We need your vote! It’s time for SXSW panels…
Friends, Tube-izens, citizens, lend me your ears!
It’s that time of the year where SXSW asks us to garner mega amounts of attention for the panels we’re proposing for next year’s Interactive conference. This is a Big Deal, and I’m joining forces with all the other fabulous people around me to co-promote everyone’s hard work. So, take 3 minutes to register and vote for us!
- Social Media, Social Capital: Boot Camp:
Me and Susan Mernit will give an introductory workshop showing how folks can get on board the mighty train. Update: Tara Hunt‘s joining us, too!
- Beyond Tokenism: How Social Media Can Fix S***:
Me, Rob Biko Baker, Veronica Arreola and Cheryl Contee will hold a panel on what’s at stake sociopolitically with social media. I’ll be shamelessly promoting my book, Share This!.
My friends’ gigs:
- Social Justice and Video Games: by Latoya Peterson with N’Gai Croal and Naomi Clark; invited Professor Andre Brock
- The Netroots After The Obama Victory with Amanda Marcotte and what’ll be an all-star lineup fer sure
- Not the Silent Majority: Women in Politics Online: by Sarah Granger with Shireen Mitchell, Erin Kotecki-Vest, and Cheryl Contee.
- Mom Blogging – Beyond Swag and Diaper Bags: This one is with Veronica Arreola and PunditMom
- Bumpin Up: Has the Glass Ceiling Ever Smacked you in the Butt by Allyson Kapin and a slew of Important Women In Tech
- Web TV That Doesn't Suck with Marc Faletti
UPDATE: I was in the social justice frame o’ mind when I first wrote this, and forgot other Good People:
- Don’t Stop Believin: Why Karaoke WILL Change the World with Tara Hunt and the Whuffaoke crew
- RT: I’m Going to Kill Myself. Preventing Suicide Online with Chris Gandin Le
(Am I missing you? Let me know!)
Thanks in advance for helping to keep social cause stuff on the plate at such an influential conference. It means a lot to us out here on the front lines!