What's the word? Featured news...
More news over on the blog...
Recent posts from this site:
- On “All In with Chris Hayes:” This is why Facebook has people worried
- Quick hit: Social drives traffic to When Women Refuse
Similar to Planned Parenthood Saved Me, it appears that social media is the dominant driver of traff...more
- Super fascinating analytics/stats from the first 24 hours of When Women Refuse
I started a Tumblr blog to collect stories of violence committed against women who refused men’...more
- What you don’t know about Eliot Rodger and the CA shootings might kill you. And all of us.
So many powerful pieces to cover in the wake of the horrifying shootings in Santa Barbara on Friday...more
- On “All In with Chris Hayes:” Social media and global uprisings
- Happy Prozac-iversary to me: One year on antidepressants
I caught a little cold this weekend. Not the kind that knocks you out completely, but the annoying k...more
- freakingrefugees: Known facts about this freaking...
freakingrefugees: Known facts about this freaking refugee: Arrived in: 1979 Country of Origin: Vi...more
- This quote has landed deeply for a few folks with whom...
This quote has landed deeply for a few folks with whom I’ve shared it recently, and I made it into...more
- How to use your privilege effectively, example #76289: Event and panel invites
People often ask me what they can do as allies to help ensure equitable gatherings and communities. ...more
Keep in touch
Read my book
Recent media mentions
- This is why Facebook has people worried | MSNBC, July 1st 2014
- Twitter-Aufschrei nach Amoklauf aus Frauenhass | Welt | DW.DE | 29.05.2014, June 1st 2014
- #YesAllWomen - On The Media, May 31st 2014
- The "When Women Refuse" Tumblr Is A Reminder Of The Risks Women Run By Saying "No", May 30th 2014
- 'When Women Refuse' Tumblr Documents The Horror Of Gender-Based Violence, May 30th 2014
- Can Dating Apps Like Lulu Prevent Rape?
Ever since the New York Times covered Lulu, a service that lets women anonymously review men, last w...more
- The Surprising Way Making Mistakes on Social Media Can Benefit Your Work
I talk and write a lot about how digital and are relationship management tools. While it’s fun...more
- It’s The Relationships, Stupid: Why J.P. Morgan’s Twitter Chat Went Horribly, Horribly Wrong
I can see the marketing meeting where this happened: “We’ve got to get younger people in...more
- Dear Sinead: You’re Doing It Wrong on Miley
is evidently the harbinger of doom for all women everywhere, but especially for young, impressionabl...more
- Three Essential Components Of Successful Social Media Campaigns
When working in the world of social change, it’s easy to get excited about a new campaign when...more
This work by Deanna Zandt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.